Vacancy: ESG Compliance Manager - Hemel Hempstead, UK
Posted on 5/2/2023
See all our current vacancies
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
A passionate, customer-focused brand, Optoma’s products captivate, inspire, and connect people for a better experience.
The Optoma Group has regional headquarters in Europe, the USA, and Asia Pacific with well-established Global channels, providing reliable and innovative audio-visual solutions for customers and partners worldwide.
We bring people together through captivating visual experiences, serving customers who demand seamless, innovative technology to tell their stories. We make our customers’ dreams possible.
As a global leader in large display technologies, Optoma combines cutting-edge design and engineering to deliver audio-visual display solutions at home, the office, classrooms, and commercial spaces.
Working for Optoma, you can expect a competitive salary with additional corporate benefits such as medical insurance, dental cover, pension and up to 30 days holiday per year - subject to service requirements.
About the role
This is a very exciting time to join us following the recent incorporation of UK-based Optoma Holding Limited, to unite our global regions, and improve our infrastructure, systems and processes. In order to achieve long term success, we strongly believe that ESG needs to be at the heart of what we do, not just as a side note in a report but lived and breathed throughout the business; which led to the creation of this role and its global remit.
Whilst we are not yet at the forefront of companies leading the ESG agenda, we intend to be and the successful candidate for this role will be excited at the proposition of making a real difference and share the company’s ambitions. Starting with the basics of reporting, achieving relevant accreditations, setting short to mid-term improvement targets, then once achieved taking the company to the next level where we are not just following ESG trends, but setting them within the industry.
- Whilst a successful ESG strategy requires the commitment of all involved, you will utilise your knowledge and skills to ensure our ESG strategy supports the business objectives and makes a real difference to our people, communities, and the wider environment.
- Keep up to date with current trends, and work with the ESG team in Taiwan to help set objectives making Optoma a trend setter with regard to leading the ESG agenda within the industry.
- Help advise on, implement and maintain relevant ESG accreditations (e.g. ISO 14001, B Corp, etc.), needed to meet global standards.
- Advise and make recommendations on future internal resource requirements and use of third-party consultants/suppliers required to achieve our ambitions.
- Engage, Educate and Excite staff at all levels as to the benefits, direct and indirect, of our ESG initiatives (for example via comms / training).
- Work with all stakeholders and business groups globally to ensure collaboration and delivery of the ESG strategy.
- Implement and maintain reporting systems and data collection processes, including internal dashboards in order to report on KPIs and sustainable impact goals.
- Continually drive progress and seek improvements through strategic initiatives.
- Help create an ESG culture, putting it at the forefront of peoples minds whether looking to improve supply chain operational excellence, achieving corporate objectives, or exploring growth opportunities.
- Provide guidance to the M&A team on both investment-specific risks, and potential mitigations during the due diligence and ESG screening phases.
- Work with Brand Communication to raise awareness of sustainability and environmental matters both internally and externally.
- Support accurate, timely and compelling responses to customer, investor and government requests on ESG topics
Key Skills & Experience:
- A strong interest in ESG matters;
- Project Management experience gained through relevant work experience;
- Educated to degree level or able to show equivalent levels of experience though professional career / qualifications.
- Relevant ESG experience in-house or via consultancy-based roles is beneficial but not necessary if the candidate shows other relevant skills and experience.
- Proven track record of successfully executing initiatives and driving organisational change, delivering projects aligned with wider corporate goals though influence and collaboration.
- Experience with data collection, analysis and following reporting requirements, preferably with first-hand experience of implementation and operation.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to engage with a broad and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Organised, methodical and data-literate.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced, highly demanding and dynamic environment.
- Experience working within a multinational organisation with multiple interdependencies requiring alignment in order to deliver projects.
- Experience of implementing / working within ISO 14001 or other ISO requirements.
- Worked within a UK listed company.
- Multi-lingual is beneficial with excellent English oral and written as a minimum requirement (ex. French, German, Spanish or/and Mandarin)
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting diversity and ensuring that all employees and applicants are treated with respect, dignity and fairness. We welcome applications from all and as such if you require any reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process, please inform us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.