Optoma Professional LCD - 7 Year Limited Warranty
This document details the terms and conditions for the Optoma 7 year limited warranty purchased for Optoma Professional LCD products sold in: UK, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, France, Germany, Benelux, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Greece, Malta, Serbia, Kosovo, Albania, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Finland and Bulgaria
Optoma products sourced outside of these regions are not covered by this warranty you should refer to the relevant warranty for your product. A list of Professional LCD models to which this warranty can be applied is available on the warranty page in the support section of the Optoma website: www.optoma.eu.
Warranty and Warranty Period
This Warranty applies to you being the purchaser or end-user of the Professional LCD. Optoma warrants to you that if during the first 7 years from the date of purchase of the Professional LCD, (“Warranty Period”) the Professional LCD does not comply with the Warranty, Optoma or an Optoma authorised service company will, in a commercially reasonable time, remedy defects in materials, design and workmanship free of charge by repairing, or should Optoma in its discretion deem it necessary, replacing the Professional LCD in accordance with this Warranty (unless otherwise required by law).
This Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where you have purchased both the Warranty and the Professional LCD provided that Optoma has intended the Warranty is for sale in that country and applies only to the Warranty distributed by Optoma or its authorised dealers. Optoma will process each valid claim as quickly as practicable within the constraints of their operational procedures. Optoma shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss, financial, consequential or otherwise, howsoever caused due to any delay whatsoever in the supply of a refurbished or replacement Professional LCD under this Warranty.
The Extended Warranty must be activated within 1 month (30 days) from the Professional LCD purchase date. The Warranty Period starts at the time of the Professional LCD original purchase by the first end-user.
This Warranty extends any Professional LCD warranty terms or warranty period in the Optoma limited warranty document applicable to the original Professional LCD.
The Warranty Period, unless legally required, will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to:
- Subsequent resale; or
- Optoma authorised repair; or
- Optoma authorised replacement of the Professional LCD Product failure within 14 days of purchase
Should the Professional LCD fail due to a manufacturing fault within 14 days from the date of purchase, please immediately return the unit to the point of purchase for replacement with a new unit. This is to protect your consumer rights.
It is your responsibility to return the unit in its original “new” condition, with no cosmetic marking or damage and with all packaging and all accessories included.
Should you prefer a warranty repair, please follow the warranty procedure mentioned below.
Activating the Professional LCD Warranty
The Warranty must be activated to be valid. Purchasing the Warranty does not automatically activate the Warranty, activation is a separate process. Activation must be completed within 1 month (30 days) of Warranty purchase date. To activate the Warranty you will need to visit the warranty page on the Support section of the Optoma website www.optoma.eu.
How to get warranty service
The Warranty service is subject to you notifying an Optoma authorised service company of your complaint within one (1) month of it having come to your attention and in any event no later than before the expiry of the Warranty Period. To notify an Optoma authorised service company use the contact details for the Optoma Service Centres as listed on the Support section of the Optoma website: www.optoma.eu.
When making a claim under this Warranty you will be required to provide:
- The Professional LCD.
- The original proof of purchase of the Professional LCD, which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase, the product type and the serial number of the Professional LCD.
In the event of a claim the initial diagnostic will take place over the telephone. If Optoma deems warranty repair or replacement of the Professional LCD is required, Optoma will issue a Return Material Authorisation (RMA) number and provide an RMA form.
Optoma will then despatch a replacement Professional LCD (of at least the same specification as the original but which may be a refurbished unit) to you in a sturdy flight case. Title in the replacement Professional LCD will pass to you upon receipt of the same.
You must delete any data stored on the original Professional LCD and send it back to Optoma in the flight case in which the replacement Professional LCD was sent to you. Optoma will arrange for the original Professional LCD to be collected. You must make the original available for collection within one week from delivery of the replacement. If collection is not possible as a result of your act or omission then you will be liable to reimburse Optoma for the cost of the failed collection. If the original Professional LCD is not returned to Optoma within 14 days of delivery of the replacement Professional LCD then you will be liable to pay Optoma for the replacement.
Upon receipt title in the original Professional LCD shall pass to Optoma.
What is not covered?
- Professional LCD and products that are not genuine Optoma products.
- This Warranty does not cover a) defects caused by rough handling (including, without limitation, defects caused by sharp items, by bending, striking compressing or dropping, etc.), or b) defects or damage caused by misuse of the Professional LCD, including use that is contrary to the user manual instructions provided by Optoma.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Professional LCD has been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than an Optoma authorised service centre, if it is repaired using unauthorised spare parts or if the Professional LCD serial number or date code has been removed, erased, defaced, altered, modified or are illegible in any way and this shall be determined at the sole discretion of Optoma.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Professional LCD has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Professional LCD is operated in an excessively dirty or dusty environment or if it has not been regularly maintained to keep the air intakes free of obstruction
- This Warranty is invalid if the Professional LCD is shut down incorrectly thereby not allowing the Professional LCD to be shut down in a predetermined, controlled manner.. Professional LCD models to which this applies are identified in the product specifications.
- This Warranty is invalid if damage was caused by negligence or failing to carry out appropriate maintenance by the buyer, his customer, the end user, or in case of an act of God, natural occurrences or during transport.
- This warranty is invalid if damage (for example a virus or malicious code) has been caused to the operating software or firmware and which has been caused by the installation of 3rd party applications or any software or firmware not supplied or supported by Optoma.
Other important notices
This Warranty applies exclusively to complete failure of the Professional LCD and is not applicable to normal wear and tear such as reduced brightness over time.
Optoma reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to determine the validity of any Warranty claim. Optoma’s decision will be final.
All parts of the Professional LCD or other equipment that Optoma has replaced shall become the property of Optoma. If the Professional LCD is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this Warranty, Optoma and its authorised service companies reserve the right to charge a handling fee.
Statutory Rights - Optoma makes no other warranty, guarantee or like statement other than as explicitly stated above and this Warranty is given in place of all other warranties whatsoever, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
In the absence of applicable legislation, this Warranty will be the end user’s sole and exclusive remedy against Optoma and Optoma shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or impliedly, for any other indirect or consequential loss arising from negligence, breach of contract, or howsoever.
This Warranty does not impair or affect mandatory statutory rights of the end user against and/or any rights resulting from other contracts concluded by the end user with Optoma and/or any other seller.
Optoma is not responsible or liable for any technical, Professional LCD, software, server, website or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the end-user from, or otherwise obstructs in, exercising a claim under this Warranty.
Optoma shall at all times adhere to the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation when processing any personal data received pursuant to this Warranty. Please note that during the electronic registration you will be asked for permission for your data to be used by Optoma for marketing purposes.
Optoma reserves the right to audit all claims to ensure that these terms and conditions have been met and to request additional information or supporting documents regarding any claims.
Optoma will not provide warranty repair for Professional LCD outside its warranty period. However, the Professional LCD requiring repair that is outside the Warranty Period can be repaired by an Optoma authorised service centre. This work will be chargeable.
Optoma reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to determine the validity of any Warranty claim. Optoma’s decision shall be final.
Limitation of Liability - It is understood and agreed that Optoma’s liability whether in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise shall not exceed the return of the amount of the purchase price paid by the end-user and under no circumstances shall Optoma be liable for special, indirect, financial, incidental or consequential damages or lost profits, lost revenues or lost savings. The price stated for the products is a consideration in limiting Optoma’s liability.
Transfer of Warranty - Should a Professional LCD with this Warranty be sold on by the original owner, the balance of the Warranty may be transferred to the new user provided that the original purchase documents are transferred to the new user also. This is necessary to show that the Professional LCD is within the Warranty Period.